Summer dinners should be quick, easy, light and totally picnicable!
Our Deeks lamb meatballs are super simple and something you can snack on for lunch, for days to come.
Makes 16 meatballs
- 2 x 500g packets lamb mince
- 2 cups Deeks Bread Crumbs (1 cup for mix and 1 cup for rolling).
- 1 cup Deeks Bread Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon diced or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon pesto (you can make your own or find some that suits you dietary requirements)
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of fresh herbs (we used Oregano)
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (dried)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and combine! Roll your mix into 16 equal meatballs and roll in Deeks Bread Crumbs. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up the mix.
Grease a pot with olive oil spray (spray is important as it stops the meatballs from going soggy). Place your meatballs in the pot and use the handles to roll the meatballs around regularly. Stop at intervals so the meatballs and time to cook but keep rolling so they don't burn.
Served with a salad of baby spinach, avocado, cucumber and kiwi fruit. Optional tzatziki for dipping!